Saturday, August 30, 2008

Carnivàle and the Tarot Card project

My family and I are enjoying a DVD collection of an HBO series called "Carnivàle" and I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying the show, it has an excellent magical and dark quality that I think is something that has been an unfilled niche for a very long time.

Unfortunately that niche appears to be unsustainable as the show only lasted 2 seasons, of which I will be purchasing both when I return to my apartment in the big city.

The opening credits of
Carnivàle are quite incredible on their own. Images of the a Tarot card deck are interspersed with images from the Dustbowl which is when the show is set. Finding these credits inspiring... I found myself saying:

"I should design a Tarot deck"

so since that what this blog is about... I would love to hear about suggestions for designs for your favorite card(s), or the meanings behind cards that might be hither to known to the parts of my brain.

-C

1 comment:

elyxandra said...

I've been catching up on your new blog today. Looks like you've had a busy few days posting-wise.

I like your tarot idea. I wonder if there would be a way you could open it up to more creatives.

My experience with tarot to date has been rather limited so all I can suggest is start with your favourite, or maybe the major arcana.